Friday 2 December 2016

Baby Long johns - completed finished project

image (c) Ruth Windover
Our family Christmas photo session is tomorrow morning!!

And with less then 18 hours to spare I managed to finish off this project in order to *hopefully* (fingers crossed!) capture a unique photograph of my baby bear and my husband on this first Christmas with our third child.

The story behind the reason for creating this beautiful outfit goes like this:

My husband (who I nicknamed "Hoss" due to his hulking figure) and I meet online (I know - passé right?). The photo on his dating profile that convinced me to say 'yes' to a date was of him in a pair of red long johns standing with his dog.

This is our third baby's first Christmas and this last baby looks the most like my husband. That is why baby's middle name (& nickname) is "baby bear."

image (c) Ruth Windover
This year for Christmas we decided to do a family photo shoot. So, I have been diligently working on these gorgeous baby longjohns for the last couple of months in order to get them just right!


I absolutely love how this outfit turned out and cannot wait until the morning for our photos!!

I also decided to use this as my entry into the loveknitting.com festive projects hot tag competition to win a $250 yarn gift card.  Wish me luck!!! and please like my project (maybe it will help me win 😊) . . . and you should enter too!!
image (c) Ruth Windover

image (c) Ruth Windover
You can find my project notes on loveknitting.com here or on Ravelry here

To stay up to date on all my new patterns and to follow my adventures in knitting please follow me here on my blog or, now, on Instigram!

Happy knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love! For once I wish there was more time before Christmas so I could knit these for my baby in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks evanlie! There's no pattern at this time, but maybe in the future . . . happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete